We’re excited to share that we’re changing how we process and ship orders for non-VMP exclusive products starting tomorrow (Dec 5, 2018). While you’ll continue to get your ROTMs and other VMP exclusive titles shipped in your standard monthly box, our non-exclusive titles will be fulfilled and shipped separately and on a faster timeline
We’ve accomplished this by integrating with one of the largest vinyl distributors in the U.S., who will now process the fulfillment of standard releases and non-VMP exclusive products. With this integration, these products will be shipped within 2 business days (depending on stock availability, release dates and a few other factors) and shipped separately from ROTMs.
We are excited to launch this integration as shipping speeds and timelines are a major point of feedback in how we can make VMP better. While this won’t change the fulfillment process for any ROTMs or VMP exclusive products, it is a major step towards making our shipping much faster. Here is more detail on what will be changing and how it will impact your experience:
- Our shipping costs are not changing; all orders placed by members will continue to ship for free.
- Orders placed for most non-VMP exclusive products, including new releases, box sets, reissues, or other products will now ship out from the new warehouse within 2 business days of the order being placed.
- These items will be shipped separately, and will NOT be included in your ROTM shipment. Please refer to the shipping estimate on the product detail page to confirm when an individual product will ship.
- These orders will be processed immediately after being placed, and we will not be able to cancel any order after it’s been processed. This is a change, since previously all orders were bundled with your ROTM shipments and could be easily cancelled before shipping.
- These orders will be shipped via USPS Media Mail for all U.S. domestic orders and DHL Worldwide Express for non-U.S. orders. For now, they will be shipped in non-VMP branded boxes.
- A single order with multiple products may ship in several packages. You’ll receive a tracking email once something has shipped, just like before. In the coming weeks we’ll be launching an updated Order History page where you can easily track orders that have shipped and see which orders are still pending shipment.
We are excited about these changes and believe they will really improve your VMP experience. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions with this change.
Matt Fiedler is the CEO and co-founder of Vinyl Me, Please.